Social media buttons

https://twitter.com/CharlotteEmBloghttps://uk.pinterest.com/charlotteEmma2/https://www.facebook.com/PatchworkKitty/https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/charlotte-emma-13489137https://www.instagram.com/charlotteemma.p/




Monday 2 February 2015

Everyday Makeup Style




After coming across lots of make-up style posts whilst reading through my feed on bloglovin I decided that this would be my next blog post, I love that time in the morning when I take time for myself and don't have to stress about anything whilst I'm doing my make-up. So! this is what my everyday make-up style and routine consists of:

Base:
  •  The main base i use at the moment is a Nivea rich moisturising day cream. I tend to suffer from really dry skin so this is perfect for making sure its hydrated and soft, another reason why I use this cream the most is because i have really sensitive skin, especially on my face and this is made especially for people with sensitive skin and I can tell you now it works a treat. I put it on every morning even if I'm not wearing any make-up or even going out and it really helps to brighten my complexion and works as a great base to keep my make-up on most of the day. 

  • Quite recently I've also found myself using a loose translucent powder on my face before any other make-up in place of foundation. I've never been a really big fan of foundation anyway and find it very hard to find one that matches my pale skin without making me look like a ghost so if I do feel the need to use anything like that I usually opt for a BB cream or a tinted moisturiser. However most of the time my Rimmel match perfection loose powder is able to give my face that overall coverage that brightens and gets rid of shine without feeling like I have an extra layer on my face and blocking my pores. I'm so pleased i made the switch from using products such as foundation and even the lighter BB creams and tinted moisturisers to the loose powder, I've definitely noticed a huge change in my complexion, it's massively reduced the amount of blemishes I get, my face hardly ever breaks out any more and its just generally brighter and clearer which has definitely boosted my confidence enough to not wear any foundation ect. It was really hard to stop 'covering up' my face to begin with as it made me feel quite exposed, but after sticking with it I feel much better about it, because now instead of using products to 'cover up' my skin I use them to enhance it. 


Cheeks:
  • I don't really tend to use traditional blushers, usually to save money and time i just quickly dab up my cheek bones with my Rimmel colour rush lip balm in "on fire" and blend in across the cheek. I really love the way that the balmy texture of the colour rush lip balm blends into my cheeks and creates an effortless dewy look which helps my face look fresher and more awake. 

Lips: 
  • Funnily enough the lip stick i usually adopt on a daily basis is the Rimmel colour rush lip balm in "on fire" again! coincidence or what!? I love the peachy pink colour of this lip balm, its basically a more vibrant and all round better version of my actual lip colour so it works really well as a natural looking lip. Also as mentioned above the balmy texture is great for creating a fresh dewy look and it also helps to keep lips from getting chapped and sore which is a massive bonus, especially as i find a lot of drug store lipsticks dry lips out more than anything. 

Eyes: 
  • To get rid of under eye circles i use a combination of the MUA pro base CC palette  and the soap and glory trick and treat dark circle concealer. I've always had a big problem with dark circles under my eyes, even when i get plenty of sleep I still have them, so its likely they are genetic in which case i just have to try and cover them up which is why I was delighted when I found the MUA CC palette. The yellow section is perfect for neutralising dark purple shades under the eyes which is the one I use the most, and it does a really good job of neutralising the purple tones but then my under eyes just look yellowy which is where the soap and glory dark circle concealer comes in. Its great at covering up the dark circles too but doesn't last as long on its own because its quite watery in consistency. The pigmentation is really good at blending with individual skin tones as well, because at first glance it looks too dark for my pale skin tone, but when i blend it in it matches quite well with my skin and thankfully doesn't make it obvious I'm using under eye concealers. 


  • For my eye shadow I pretty much always wear purple, as it is known to compliment green eyes and I love the colour purple! again I use a bit of a combination of two different eye shadow products to help the colour last longer and keep it vibrant. As a base colour I use superdrug's own brand cream eye shadow in royal, although after looking for a link to the eye shadow in that particular colour on the superdrug website, it doesn't look like they actually do it any more, I'll have to check in store and get back to you on that one. The creamy texture of this eye shadow is perfect for loading powder eye shadow onto to improve colour as well as wearing, especially as the pigmentation isn't particularly vibrant in the first place. The powder eye shadow I use is the Rimmel glam'eyes quad eyeshadow in smoky purple. I love a good smoky eye, even for an every day look so this is my go to eye shadow palette. The range of shades are lovely and work really well for an effective smoky eye. In the image of the palette the one with hardly any left is the one I use to sweep across the entire lid, i then use the shade across from it to highlight the inner corner and outer corner, the really dark shade I don't use very often as its not really an every day shade but if I did I would use it in the outer corner and in the crease. 


  • I use three different eye liners on my eyes, all different colours and useful for different things! The first eye liner i use is a Rimmel scandal eyes kohl in nude which I use to make my eye look bigger and me more awake by applying it to the bottom waterline. I then use a regular Rimmel brown kohl pencil to again make my eyes appear bigger by applying it under my waterline on my lower lash line and blend it slightly for a smoky effect, i use the brown shade as it isn't so harsh looking for every day wear and really dark liner highlights dark circles. The final eye liner I use is the scandal eyes eye liner pen in black, which I apply to the lash line and just above the lash line on my eye lid, this is really good for precision and creating a cat eye look. 



  • And finally the mascara i use is a fairly new one, I only bought it a few weeks ago after seeing some good reviews on it, also I really wanted to try out a mascara with argan oil in. Shockingly its another Rimmel product (cant seem to get enough of them!) and i have to say it does work really well. I usually give my upper lashes a quick coat of this and then use the end of the brush to focus on the outer corner of my lashes to open my eyes up a bit. I also give my lower lashes a quick coat of this but only the ones closest to my outer corner otherwise I might risk highlighting my under eye dark circles and who wants that? 






What make up do you use on a daily basis? any of the same ones? which is your favourite drug store brand? comment below :)

Charlotte x

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Just come across your blog and I must say it is Lovely !!

    Keep up the good work

    I have now followed !!!

    would mean so much if you was to check out my friend blog Jadiee'sLittleBlog and maybe follow her back

    thank you

    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That means a lot! Yeah of course I'll have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'll check out the questions now :)

    ReplyDelete