Social media buttons

https://twitter.com/CharlotteEmBloghttps://uk.pinterest.com/charlotteEmma2/https://www.facebook.com/PatchworkKitty/https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/charlotte-emma-13489137https://www.instagram.com/charlotteemma.p/




Monday 17 August 2015

A Week in Bath - Day 2

Bath Day 2 - 09/08/15

Well, here it is, my first proper post on my summer holiday in Bath. If you scroll down you shall probably notice there are a lot of photographs (I actually whittled them down from a lot more!). I got extremely carried away with photographing the amazing architecture and scenery, which was mesmerising. Anyway, like I said I shall try and keep the writing to a minimum and the photographs do the talking, however, there is just so much to talk about It's going to be a challenge!

























The first half of the day was spent exploring the famous Roman Baths! I've always wanted to go to the Roman Baths and take in a little bit of English history and it definitely lived up to expectations... as you can probably tell from the amount of photographs! Its an amazing piece of architecture and uses of natural resources, for example the naturally occurring hot springs and rich healing waters. Unfortunately one of the parts of the Baths I found most impressive, I didn't get any photos of because it was too dark; the underfloor heating. A lot of house and places don't even have underfloor heating now so its surprising to see such an effective method of underfloor heating being used so long ago. So if you do get a chance to go and visit this wonderful piece of Bath history, don't forget to have a look at the underfloor heating situated the changing rooms and the hot and warm rooms. The museum experience itself was a good one, it does get rather busy though, so if your not a fan of crowds then try and go at a less busy time! (if there is one!). Also because of the minerals etc. in the water it is a bit stinky of sulphur, but that should not deter you!



These were taken straight after the Roman Baths, the Guildhall is a wonderful building, very photogenic and the little details are delightful! Which to be fair is the case with most of the buildings in Bath.

Even with a big tour bus in front the Bath Abbey is beautiful and impressive to look at. Throughout the rest of the week I got many more photographs of it, in different lights and view points, so there shall be more photographs of this brilliant structure in the next few blog posts! You can also check out my Instagram account for regular photographs from my Bath holiday.




This was a beautiful park in bath situated right next to the weir, I really wanted to go down into the park and get some amazing photographs of the statues, flowers and greenery within the park, however it cost to get in! So on principle I refused to pay for what should really be a public space and only took limited photographs from above. The one directly above is one of my favourites because of the bright colours of the park contrasting with the equally beautiful architecture as a back drop.


One of the very rare photographs Ow allowed me to take!





The weir and Pulteney bridge were amazing, the bridge is home to many little shops, as well as being a beautiful back drop to the impressive weir. Naturally we had to have photographs in front of it!

All of the town houses are so uniform! As well as a lot of them having some sort of defining crescent shape.  


This derelict church was found in the middle of nowhere, the grounds and what is left of the still beautiful church is up kept by a group of volunteers who meet every Saturday.



The day finished with Owen and I taking a walk along the canal which took us around Bath and back towards our holiday property.







These two end photographs were me trying to be artsy! They came out alright though I thought!


As you can probably tell from the rest of the photographs Owen and I spent the rest of the day exploring and photographing Bath. Its such an amazing city, there are so many wonderful things to see and do, including architecture, museums, natural scenery, restaurants, shopping, and of course tea rooms and cafes!  I already can't wait to share the rest of the holiday with you!

Charlotte x

4 comments:

  1. Underfloor heating is a really interesting concept; I love learning about how things used to work! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so interesting! Their systems were quite sophisticated! :)

      Delete
  2. Bath is my favorite place I've ever been! London was nice but it was so ... cityish. Bath is such a quaint town! It felt very British! Yay for Bath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I think I have to agree with you there, definitely one of my favourite cities!

      Delete