Social media buttons

https://twitter.com/CharlotteEmBloghttps://uk.pinterest.com/charlotteEmma2/https://www.facebook.com/PatchworkKitty/https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/charlotte-emma-13489137https://www.instagram.com/charlotteemma.p/




Monday 8 June 2015

Outfit of the Week #1 Mom Shorts!

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a lovely weekend, and if you were working this weekend I'm sorry.

This is a first for me on Charlotte Emma, I'm doing an outfit of the week post! I decided to do it on Monday instead of Sunday, honestly because I had another post planned already for Sunday. However I'm now glad I did because it's the start of the new week and to me the perfect time to reflect on the week passed. (I know Sunday is technically classed as the start of the week, but to me Monday is).

I would just like to apologise for the distinct lack of photographs, I don't know about you but I find it very awkward getting someone else to take pictures of me posing on the street for outfit photographs, so there aren't many! Hopefully as I get used to doing this I will feel more comfortable, but for the moment you'll just have to put up with my shyness! You can probably tell from my photographs that I look a bit uncomfortable, and I know a lot of bloggers that take these kind of photos don't always smile at the camera, but I just couldn't help it, plus I tend to have a bit of a resting bitch face so I just look moody in photographs when I'm actually trying to look aloof or something!


 Yep! I really am that awkward!


I was actually talking when Owen took this, thankfully I look more natural without a moody face!


This was incredibly awkward to pose for! I just really wanted to mix it up a bit, plus I suppose it provides some humour which is good! 


 It was so windy! I swear whenever we get beautiful weather in the UK, its tainted with crazy gusts!


 (They don't have the same ones I had but the link is for some similar).
(Again they don't have the vest top online, but they may have it in store in the sale maybe?)
(They have a huge selection of Kimonos online, just not this one anymore!)

I actually bought these Mom shorts last summer from new look, but didn't wear them very often because they were a bit big for me. They only had a size 10 and I'm normally a size 8 but when I tried them on in store they seemed to fit alright. I swear this happens nearly every time I try on clothes, they feel fine in store and then, when I actually wear them in real life they feel completely different! However I thought in the spirit of summer I would try them again and lo and behold! They fit perfectly! I was so happy I knew I had to make them part of my outfit of the week, plus they look great on so that's another reason!

I fell in love with these shorts because they honestly do remind me of some my mum used to wear when I was a kid, they were only for walking around the house or sitting in the garden but I remember I used to think how great they looked on her, (This is probably the first my mum is actually hearing of this!). The ones my mum wore were actually just cut off jeans, which is what made them so high waisted, come to think of it I used to have loads of cut off's as a kid because my legs grew so often! This is one of the things I love about style, eventually it comes back around, it's just a matter of waiting. Although now I may never get rid of my clothes just in case they come back in style!

What's your outfit of the week?

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment